Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My First Couponing Experience

I have always been fascinated with finding the best bargain possible. Why should I pay more for something that I can get for less, I work very hard for my family and thinking about how many hours I have to work just to buy groceries really angers me. For instance, I despise cleaning so why would I want to spend my hard earned money on cleaning supplies? I find little solace in this, in fact, it makes me darn right angry! I started by thinking about the little purchases I make frequently I decided how much I actually wanted to spend on them. Like toothpaste, I enjoy clean teeth but really I get very little enjoyment our of the product. I really don't want to spend premium prices on this short-lived, consumable product, SO I will won't pay more than .50 for a full size tube.

The first thing that small towners need to realize is on that show many of the couponers visit stores that "double" coupons. There are not any stores that double within feasible driving distance of my house. So frustrating!

The second thing is "don't be picky." Brand loyalty means very little when trying to find the best deal. Aside from that fact many products have the same active ingredients they are just in different packaging so in many instances the name on the box matters very little. DISCLAIMER: I will admit that there are certain items that I must stay loyal to, I am sure you will find your own and those are the items that are important to you and that's fine because you are already #winning with everything in your cart.

My shopping is done primarily at WalMart, Hyvee, and Walgreens. Typically I find the best deals on products at Walgreens and Walmart. Whenever something is on sale at Hyvee you can go to Walmart and more times than not they have already beaten the sale price by at least a few pennies, if they haven't they will always match prices for like items. In this respect a trip to Hyvee almost seems worthless. Although occasionally Walmart will not carry the exact item (size, flavor, etc.) and you will have to purchase it at Hyvee.

Throughout this blog I will post my weekly super deal list, these are the things I cannot live without this week. I will also post the freebies I have scored; there is nothing I like more than a free product, even if is the sample size. Enjoy my journey and I will see you guys and gals in the aisles!

No comments:

Post a Comment